LAHORE (Kashmir English): A new twist has emerged in the high-profile case of alleged harassment of actress Momina Iqbal after her lawyers claimed that the background to the matter includes previous relationships and subsequent complications.
According to the lawyers, Pakistan Muslim League (N) provincial assembly member Saqib Chadhar is already married, and this became the main reason for the dispute.
Talking to the media after appearing before the National Cybercrime Investigation Agency, Momina Iqbal’s lawyers, Adnan Ehsan and Rimsha Iqbal, said that the actress and the PML-N MPA were in a relationship during 2022 and 2023.
According to them, the MPA continuously expressed a desire for marriage, and a formal relationship was also established; however, it later emerged that she was already married and allegedly wanted a third marriage.
The lawyers took the stand that when this fact became clear, Momina Iqbal ended the relationship on moral grounds. According to them, the situation worsened when the actress’s marriage was arranged at another place, which was allegedly subjected to pressure and harassment by the concerned MPA.
The lawyers also alleged that a case was registered against the actress’s future husband using political influence.
They clarified that despite all the threats and pressure, Momina Iqbal’s marriage will take place on the scheduled date, i.e., June 1.
The lawyers said that all the digital and documentary evidence related to harassment, blackmail, and threats has been presented before the NCCIA, and the attitude of the investigating agencies has been positive, which has increased the hope of justice.
On the other hand, Momina Iqbal and her lawyers thanked Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz Sharif for taking immediate notice of the matter and said that timely steps for the protection of a female artist are commendable.
Momina Iqbal harassment case
Earlier, Pakistani actress Momina Iqbal filed a case against MP Saqib Chadhar and his wife, Sameera Khan, regarding online harassment against her, as announced by the National Cyber Crime Investigation Agency (NCCIA).
According to media reports, the NCCIA has summoned both to attend the agency on Friday, May 22. This is due to the accusations made by the actress, who accuses the politically powerful man of harassing her online through cyberbullying and death threats.
In her Instagram story posted a day before, Momina said that after reporting cases to various agencies like NCCIA, Federal Investigation Agency, and Punjab Police, no action has been taken due to political pressure.
Momina further added that not only is she being asked to stop pursuing her case, but they are still being threatened.
She appealed to all authorities concerned to take action for their safety and also requested the court to investigate their matter fairly and impartially.
The actress even made use of her social media account to tag important figures, departments, and media outlets to express her assurance that those who misuse their power or interfere with justice will surely face legal consequences.
Since then, much public interest has developed around the case through social media, where calls for action have been made on the part of the authorities. In the meantime, the eyes of the public remain on the upcoming investigation and other possible developments from it.
The actress even added that she has been receiving threats from other women regarding the same issue of harassment by the MPA. This raises questions on an even higher level that may be considered within the investigation process.
Statements from both parties will be taken as the Momina Iqbal harassment case progresses.




