Donald Trump says Peace Board nations to pledge $5bn for Gaza

Donald Trump says Peace Board nations to pledge $5bn for Gaza
Share this post on :

WASHINGTON (Kashmir English): US President Donald Trump has announced that the member countries of the Board of Peace will pledge more than $5 billion for the reconstruction and humanitarian assistance of Gaza at a meeting to be held on Thursday.

President Trump wrote on his social media platform Truth Social that the member countries also committed to providing thousands of personnel for the stabilization force and local police.

According to him, this meeting will be the first formal meeting of the board to be held at the Donald Trump Institute of Peace, in which delegations from more than 20 countries will participate.

The establishment of this board was ratified by a resolution of the United Nations Security Council.

This move is part of the Trump administration’s plan aimed at ending the ongoing conflict between Israel and the Palestinian resistance organization Hamas in Gaza.

Meanwhile, according to a spokesperson for the Foreign Office, Prime Minister of Pakistan Shehbaz Sharif will attend the meeting of the Peace Board, while Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar will also accompany the prime minister.

Before the meeting, the Palestinian resistance organization Hamas has clarified its conditions regarding the international peace force.

The Hamas spokesman said that the international force should be limited to the border areas and should not interfere in the civil, political or security affairs of Palestine.

He added that if international officials interfere in internal affairs, the Palestinians will see them as an alternative to the occupying forces.

It should be noted that more than 80,000 Palestinians have been martyred so far in the Israeli-Palestinian war that began on October 7, 2023, and Gaza’s infrastructure has been completely destroyed.

Scroll to Top